LIGA: BARCELONA - REAL MADRID

Super big match on Sunday. Barcelona and Real Madrid are fighting for the first place in the Liga. Lots of emotions expected. Deep analysis and match review for "El Clasico".

 

BARCELONA - REAL MADRID

 

The gap between the two teams is 1 point only.

Barcelona is playing a great football while Real appeared to be a bit "on crysis" lately.

 

The favourite team according to bookmakers

 

According to bookmakers, the odds for Barcelona to win are around 1.70, the draw about 4.70 while the away win is around 4.60: a very high odds considering the latest results between these two teams.

It means bookmakers say Barça has 58% chances to win, while the possibilites that a draw occurs are 22% while Real Madrid win 20%.

How can it be? How can be that the actual champions of Europe, been in the first position of the Liga till some rounds ago, is now so disadvantaged for the win?

 

Real Madrid and his latest problems

 

The match played in Madrid on October showed clearly how Real Madrid was still the best team of the world.

After beating Barcelona in that occasion (3-1), Real had then collected the record of 22 wins in a row, never reached before in its long and glorious history.

In short everything was bright for Real Madrid, while Barcelona was struggling a bit at the beginning of the season till the defeat against Real Sociedad on January.


After that match Barcelona seems to be born again: 17 wins in 18 matches while Real Madrid in the last period has appeared less incisive than the first part of the season (4-0 loss against Atletico, 1-1 with Villareal, another match lost 1-0 in Bilbao and the 3-4 for Schalke in Madrid).

The press and supporters as usual started to be very critique towards players, coach and the club in general.

 

Real's main problem is the lack of velocity and fluidity in the midfield, as coach Ancelotti has said several times.

One of the reasons are surely the absences of Modric and Rodriguez, whose substitutes have different characteristics.

 

Lineups

 

Some doubts about the presence in the pitch of Busquets, a bit injured. If the spanish midfielder is available, Mascherano will be the second central back with Piquè, while Bartra and Mathieu will sit on the bench.

Main doubt for Ancelotti is on the left: Marcelo or a more defensive Coentrao?


Barcelona will try to dominate the match, making ball possession while Real will count on the pace and the individualities of Ronaldo and Bale mainly. Really hard to predict 1X2, in our opinion betting on GOAL and OVER 2.5 is the best choice, and why not GOAL + OVER combined too...


And do not forget to put some beers in the refrigerator to be combined with some kgs of pop corns...then enjoy the show!!


BARCELONA: Bravo; Alba, Bartra, Piqué, Alves; Rakitic, Mascherano, Iniesta; Neymar, Suarez, Messi.
REAL MADRID: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Isco, Kroos, Modric; Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

 

GOAL + OVER 2.5 (1.60, Betfair)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-1

 

Betfair is currently offering a £/€ 25 Free Bet. Click here to find out more