In this post betting tips and previews of the third round of Champions League group stage matches. Groups C and D: Galatasaray-Benfica, Juventus-Borussia Monchengladbach, Atletico
Madrid-Astana and Manchester City-Sevilla.
10Bet is offering £5 NO DEPOSIT and 50% BONUS up to £200 + 100% CASHBACK on Combos click here to find out more
GALATASARAY - BENFICA
- Burak Yilmaz is back in contention after coming off the bench to score in Saturday's league win having been absent with a hamstring injury since the end of September.
- Hamit Altintop has finally resumed light training after knee surgery at the start of August, but this fixture will come too soon for him.
- Rui Vitoria will only be missing Eduardo Salvio for the trip to Turkey.
- Jardel and Andreas Samaris are one booking away from a ban.
Benfica have emerged as the early favourites to top the group after winning both of their opening matches in the Champions League proper and they will now try and make it three wins in a row against Galatasaray.
Galatasaray have not won in Europe in ten matches, although they have lost only six of their last 22 European home matches, which makes this an intriguing clash.
Benfica, on the other hand, have never won a European match in Turkey from four attempts. This match could be a draw.
DRAW (3.25 Matchbook)
UNDER 3.5 (1.28 Matchbook)
JUVENTUS - BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH
- Stephan Lichtsteiner misses out through injury for Juventus, with Juan Cuadrado expected to retain his starting spot on the right. Martin Caceres is also sidelined.
- Pualo Dybala could come into the starting XI from the side that drew 0-0 with Inter at the weekend.
- Other than that, don't expect wholesale changes from Max Allegri.
- Marvin Schulz is a doubt for the visitors here and could miss out.
- Patrick Herrmann, Martin Stranzl and Nico Schulz will all sit out the trip to Turin through injury.
- Gladbach could start in the same system deployed in the weekend's 5-1 thumping of Eintracht.
Juventus currently top Group D having won their opening two Champions League fixtures of the season.
They will be confident of extending their winning run in Europe with the welcome of Gladbach.
The German side have impressed since Lucian Favre's decision to resig
Four wins from four in the league is indeed fine form, though they are expected to face a much sterner test against last season's Champions League runner's up.
On home turf, Juventus should secure all three points.
HOME WIN (1.50, Sporting Bet)
MANCHESTER CITY - SEVILLA
- Vincent Kompany hasn't featured for Manchester City since coming off in their 2-1 defeat to Juventus midway through September and was an unused substitute in their 5-1 win over Bournemouth at the weekend. However, with so much on the line in this fixture you would expect Manuel Pellegrini to recall his captain to the starting fold.
- Bacary Sagna could also continue at left-back with Aleksandar Kolarov an injury doubt for this fixture. David Silva and Sergio Aguero are ruled out for the reception of Sevilla.
- Raheem Sterling could continue in behind Wilfried Bony after scoring a hat-trick at the weekend from that position.
- This will be a special night for Jesus Navas, as he will come up against the side he was with for 10 years.
- Sevilla also have injury concerns of their own, but were given a welcome boost at the weekend by the return of Adil Rami and Ever Banega. They are, however, sweating on the fitness of Fernando Llorente, who didn't feature at the weekend because of an adductor injury.
Manchester City are looking to secure their first points at home in this campaign having lost 2-1 to Juventus at the Etihad in matchday one of the Champions League proper.
They followed that up with a hard-fought win over Borussia Mochengladbach and will now be looking to string successive victories together when they welcome last season's Europa League champions.
The home side haven't kept a clean sheet in their last seven matches in all competitions, having started the campaign with five straight clean sheets.
Like City, Sevilla have three points after two games after dispatching the same opponents and have begun the new campaign in poor form.
They are currently midtable in La Liga and they've only managed to win three games in 10 matches in all competitions this season.
Manuel Pellegrini's side should have more than enough to capitalise on such poor form, even without Sergio Aguero and David Silva at their disposal.
Anything other than three points would be a real blow to City's credibility in Europe.
HOME WIN (1.65, PaddyPower)
OVER 2.5 (1.60, PaddyPower)
ATLETICO MADRID - ASTANA
- Luciano Vietto is the only injury concern for Diego Simeone as they welcome Astana on Wednesday night. Koke's return to the starting fold at the weekend will be a welcome boost as they look to get back on track in Europe.
- Fernando Torres is currently on 99 goals in all competitions for Atletico Madrid and could make his first appearance in the Champions League this season with a start here.
- Astana will still be without Patrick Twumasi, who will serve the third of his four-match suspension here.
Having won 21 of their previous 24 European home games, Atletico Madrid were rocked by the shock defeat to Benfica on home soil last time out in the Champions League and will be looking to put matters right against group minnows Astana.
Diego Simeone's side cannot afford to drop any more points if they are to regain control of Group C and they shouldn't have any problems when they welcome Astana for the first meeting between the sides.
To Astana's credit, they did secure a shock 2-2 draw against Galatasaray in their last outing and should not be taken lightly.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.