In this post betting tips and previews of the fifth round of Champions League group stage matches. Groups E and F:
BATE - Bayer Leverkusen, Barcelona - Roma, Bayern Munich - Olympiakos and Arsenal - Dinamo Zagreb.
10Bet is offering £5 NO DEPOSIT and 50% BONUS up to £200 + 100% CASHBACK on Combos click here to find out more
BATE BORISOV - BAYER
- Vitali Rodinov is Aleksandr Yermakovich's only injury concern ahead of the welcome of Bayer Leverkusen.
- Mikhail Gordeychuk is expected to get the nod ahead of Alexander Hleb in the number 10 role.
- Wholesale changes are not expected from the Belarusian side.
- Omer Toprak and Kyriakos Papadopoulos are suspended for the Bundesliga side here, with the latter's absence meaning Andre Ramalho should start at centre-back.
- Lars Bender is a doubt and may not be risked, though will be given until the last possible opportunity to prove his fitness.
- Charles Aranguiz, Roberto Hilbert, Tin Jedvaj and Seung-Woo Ryu are all sidelined.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Leverkusen's last 5 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
BATE have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Leverkusen have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
- BATE Borisov currently foot Group E and need a win here if they are to improve their chances of progressing to the next round of the Champions League. Their only win at this stage of the competition so far came in front of their own fans, so will be confident of victory.
- Bayer Leverkusen sit just one point above BATE coming into this crunch match. They too need a win to improve their chances of qualification for the knockout stage of the competition and recently ended a three game losing streak in all competitions, overcoming Eintracht Frankfurt away from home.
- The visitors are without key players, which will hinder their chances of winning, and so the spoils could be shared in this one.
BAYER LEVERKUSEN DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.42 Matchbook)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.75 Matchbook)
BARCELONA - ROMA
- Rafinha and Douglas are both sidelined for Barcelona here, but better news sees Lionel Messi available following his return from a knee injury.
- However, the Argentine could start on the bench with Luis Enrique managing his recovery with caution, meaning Sergi Roberto may line up alongside Luis Suarez and Neymar in attack.
- Javier Mascherano is a doubt, with Jeremy Mathieu expected to partner Gerard Pique in defence.
- Roma have a number of injury concerns in attack, with Gervinho, Mohamed Salah and Francesco Totti all sidelined.
- Elio Capradossi and Kevin Strootman also miss out for the Serie A giants here.
- Daniele De Rossi is a doubt with a thigh problem, though could be fine to feature from the bench, meaning Seydou Keita may start against his former employers.
Barcelona have won 13 of their last 15 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Roma's last 3 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Roma have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
- Barcelona will be brimming with confidence following their 4-0 thumping of Real Madrid on Saturday evening. They need just a point to progress to the next round of the Champions League, though will push for all three in front of their own fans.
- Roma, meanwhile, know they need a positive result to maintain their hopes of qualification to the last-16 stage. However, they have just one point to their name on their travels in Europe's elite competitionn thus far and need an inspiring performance if they are to come away with even a point.
- Barcelona are expected to showcase their superiority and pick up the win at Camp Nou.
HOME WIN + OVER 2.5 (1.85, Sporting Bet)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.70, Sporting Bet)
|Roma have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).|
BAYERN MUNICH - OLYMPIAKOS
- Bayern Munich will be without Franck Ribery, Mario Gotze, Juan Bernat, Thiago and David Alaba for the reception of Olympiakos.
- Pep Guardiola likes to make changes to the system and personnel, so there could be many changes here.
- Rafinha is likely to start at left-back with Bernat and Alaba out injured. Arjen Robben could also be handed his first Champions League start of the season.
- The Greek side will travel without Giannis Maniatis and Andreas Bouchalakis, while Alberto Botia remains a huge doubt.
- Esteban Cambiasso and Omar Elabdellaoui will incur a ban with their next booking.
- Alejandro Domínguez has not featured since for nearly a month.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Bayern's last 9 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Olympiakos's last 7 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Olympiakos have won their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Olympiakos have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
- Both sides only need a point to guarentee their place in the next stage of the competition and while Bayern Munich should have no problem in doing so, Olympiakos have to face Arsenal after this fixture, who are also looking to progress from the groups still.
- Bayern Munich have only lost one of 18 matches in all competitions this season and they beat their Greek opponents 3-0 in the reverse fixture earlier in the group stage. They should canter to victory here.
HOME WIN + OVER 2.5 (1.55, PaddyPower)
HOME WIN HANDICAP (-2.0) (2.00, PaddyPower)
ARSENAL - DINAMO ZAGREB
- Arsenal's injury woes continued at the weekend as they lost Francis Coquelin and Mikel Arteta in their 2-1 defeat to West Brom on Saturday. Coquelin could be out for at least three months, which is a real blow to Arsenal's ambitions this season.
- Mathieu Flamini is expected to partner Santi Cazorla in the middle of the park, although Arsene Wenger has hinted Calum Chambers could be Coquelin's replacement and Aaron Ramsey is back available.
- Kieran Gibbs is likely to continue on the left wing. Aaron Ramsey has returned to training, but this fixture will come too soon for him.
- Joel Campbell and Mesut Ozil are one booking away from suspension.
- Josip Pivaric will miss the trip to London through suspension after being sent off in GW4 and Marko Rog will incur a one-match ban with his next yellow card.
- Marco Musa should come in to replace Pinto at left-back.
- Arijan Ademi has been hit with a four-year ban for failing a drugs test after their 2-1 win over Arsenal in the reverse fixture.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Dinamo Zagreb's last 7 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
Dinamo Zagreb have lost their last 3 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).
- Arsenal can't afford to drop anymore points in their final two group matches if they are progress to the knock-out stage of the Champions League. They succumbed to a shock 2-1 defeat in the reverse fixture to Dinamo Zagreb and this fixture may prove equally problematic with their squad decimated by injuries.
- Dinamo Zagreb also still have a chance of making it through to the latter rounds, but they will need to beat Arsenal and Bayern Munich in their final matches, which is unlikely. Zoran Mamić's side have lost five of their last 10 matches in all competitions, having gone into GW2 of the Champions League unbeaten in 45 games.
- Home advantage should give Arsenal enough to overcome the Croatian outfit, even if Arsene Wenger will have a thin squad to pick from. Olivier Giroud has scored nine goals in his last 11 outings for club and country and could provide the winner here.
|Arsenal have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Dinamo Zagreb in all competitions.|
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.