In this post betting tips and previews of the 21st round of italian Serie A matches scheduled on 24 and 25 January. Inter - Carpi, Fiorentina - Torino, Sampdoria - Napoli, Palermo -
Udinese and Juventus - Roma.
INTER - CARPI
- Roberto Mancini will have the full roster available, so he could pick his favourite XI, possibly adapting to his opponent.
- Despite some less than convincing performances in recent weeks, both Jeison Murillo and Miranda are expected to play here.
- Manager Fabrizio Castori will be forced to pick some replacements in different roles due to a number of suspensions and injuries.
- Emanuele Suagher should get a chance from the off as Riccardo Gagliolo will not travel to Milan.
- Inter have dropped points and positions in the league in the last two rounds, but they had the perfect comeback when they knocked league leaders Napoli in the Coppa Italia.
- Carpi have kept their relegation hopes alive with seven points from a possible nine in their last three matches making this a harder game than meets the eye for Inter.
- Inter have had no problems grinding out results, but playing entertaining football has been a different story this season. When they have managed to play a more attractive brand of football, their results have worsened, so Mancini needs to strike the right balance.
HOME WIN HANDICAP (-1.0) (2.05 Matchbook)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE NO (1.80 Matchbook)
FIORENTINA - TORINO
- Both Milan Badelj and Matias Vecino will not be available for the game, which means Borja Valero could be forced to play deeper.
- Fiorentina are closing the deal for Tino Costa from Genoa to cope with absences in midfield, but he may not be available for this one.
- Danilo Avelar was not called up for the midweek game against Sassuolo as he was down with the flu. His presence in Florence is therefore doubtful.
- Bruno Peres may want to return to action but the medical staff will probably advise against it.
- Two consecutive defeats have put Fiorentina in fourth position and they need to bounce back before entering the crucial part of the season.
- Torino beat Frosinone last week, but then failed to climb back into the top half in the midweek game against Sassuolo. All in all, they are coping with their absences quite well, but the Granata fans will surely demand more.
- Juventus' rise coupled with their own demise will have knocked the stuffing out of the squad, which Torino may look to try and take advantage of.
HOME WIN (1.82, Sporting Bet)
PALERMO - UDINESE
- Guillermo Schelotto has taken his first few training sessions and is said to be shaping his team up in a 4-3-3 formation.
- That would move Franco Vazquez out wide from his favoured central position, with Robin Quaison also in the starting XI.
- Brazilian defender Danilo is suspended, so Felipe will play in the centre of the defence, with Ivan Piris and Molla Wague on his flanks.
- Cyril Thereau and Duvan Zapata are favourite to start up front, where all strikers are available and battling for a spot.
- Palermo are now training under their third coach in 21 games (plus one caretaker in the last one), which says it all about their morale and the environment around the team.
- After two consecutive victories, Udinese have suffered as many defeats that prevented them from getting back to the top half of the table. They will be looking to avoid defeat here to remain outside the relegation fight.
- Udinese have a huge trip ahead of them to travel to Palermo and this should give Guillermo Schelotto an advantage in his first game in charge. The key for Palermo will be making Franco Vazquez, their best player, adapt to the wide position instead of playing right behind the striker. He will probably be given freedom to roam, so Udinese will need to keep a close eye on him.
PALERMO DOUBLE CHANCE (1.54, PaddyPower)
OVER 1.5 (1.35, PaddyPower)
$20 FREE TO NEW CUSTOMERS AT SKRILL
Online players make constant transactions in and out of their accounts. Skrill has been a leading e-wallet for years serving over 36 million users worldwide. Available in many languages, helpful incredibly fast to register and make transactions, the safest online
SAMPDORIA - NAPOLI
- Roberto Soriano is suspended, so that Joaquin Correa is expected to play behind the two forwards.
- Ricardo Alvarez has completed his transfer after days of paper work and could also be in competition for the role.
- Maurizio Sarri has been accused of homophobic insults towards Roberto Mancini in the Coppa Italia game, but at the moment he is not expected to be sanctioned in the league.
- The coach has most of his roster available, the only exception being David Lopez who is not in perfect shape.
- Just when they seemed to be taking off with Vincenzo Montella in the pilot seat, Sampdoria were brought back to earth by two consecutive defeats. The first one came against Juventus and was acceptable, but the second one came against league minnows Carpi.
- One would think all is well at Napoli with them top of the league, but their elimination from the Coppa Italia has caused uproar following Sarri's reported exchange with Inter boss Roberto Mancini.
- Napoli will also be away from home, which means they may not be able to rely on their fans' support. Sampdoria are not in their best form but this could turn into the trickiest game of the season for the visitors if they want to keep marching towards the title.
DRAW (4.50 PaddyPower)
NAPOLI DOUBLE CHANCE + UNDER 3.5 (1.65 PaddyPower)
JUVENTUS - ROMA
- Max Allegri seems to have been roatating his team in recent weeks in order to have his favourite XI fit and available for this fixture.
- Patrice Evra and Alex Sandro are vying for a start on the left, while Stephan Lichtsteiner should be favourite over Juan Cuadrado.
- Alvaro Morata started in their Coppa Italia win over Lazio in midweek, but will drop back to the bench with Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala to return.
- Luciano Spalletti made immediate changes in his first game back in charge of Roma. He opted for a three-man defence in their 1-1 draw with Verona, which didn't work against the league's worst team.
- Leandro Castan got a start in that match, but has now been dropped and is said to have since been transfer listed.
- Radja Nainggolan will play behind the striker after scoring from that position in the last game.
- Juventus have won ten consecutive victories in the league and now only sit two points off leaders Napoli and they are also now in the Coppa Italia semi-finals after beating Lazio on Wednesday.
- Luciano Spalletti couldn't have wished for a better opponent to kick off his second reign at the club but they still managed to slip to a 1-1 draw with Verona, who haven't won a league game all season.
- They will now go from facing the worst team in the league to arguably the best. He will ask for time, but with only 18 games remaining and Roma already nine points off the league leaders, that is a luxury he unfortunately does not have.
- The Bianconeri are expected to field a 3-5-2 formation, but a four-man defence can't be entirely ruled out. The same goes for Roma, who will be split between testing their 4-2-3-1 system further, or matching Juventus in order to get a point from this game.
JUVENTUS DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.50, 5Dimes)
5Dimes is considered the best american friendly Sportsbook. Click here to read the complete review.
FROSINONE - ATALANTA DRAW --- FROSINONE DOUBLE CHANCE
EMPOLI - MILAN EMPOLI DOUBLE CHANCE --- UNDER 3.5
SASSUOLO - BOLOGNA BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE --- SASSUOLO DOUBLE
LAZIO - CHIEVO LAZIO DOUBLE CHANCE UNDER 3.5
VERONA - GENOA OVER 1.5
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.