Champions League Round of 16, First Leg. Betting preview for Benfica - Zenit St. Petersburg which takes place on Tuesday 16th February in Portugal.
BENFICA - ZENIT ST. PETERSBURG
- Luisao and Pedro Rebocho will miss the welcome of Zenit St. Petersburg through injury for Benfica.
- Head coach Rui Vitoria is sweating on the fitness of Lisandro Lopez and Lubomir Fejsa and will be hoping the former can feature after he missed the 2-1 loss to Porto.
- Highly-rated Renato Sanches is expected to retain his starting berth in the middle of the park as he continues to impress.
- Viktor Faizulin, Vyacheslav Malafeev and Aleksandr Ryazantsev are are all sidelined for the meeting with Benfica in Portugal.
- Ezequiel Garay is set to start against his former employers.
- Benfica come into this match on the back of a disappointing 2-1 defeat to FC Porto on Friday night. The Portuguese side need to quickly move on from the loss ahead of the welcome of Russian outfit Zenit St. Petersburg.
- Zenit will play their first competitive fixture since the 2-1 loss to Gent in the Champions League back at the beginning of December. It remains to be seen how they can adapt back to the rigours of European action following their lengthy winter break.
- While Zenit may have impressed in the group stages of the Champions League, the lack of action for over two months could hinder their chances of a positive result.
HOME WIN (2.20, 10 Bet)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (2.00, 10 Bet)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-1
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.