Champions League Round of 16, first leg. Betting tips and preview for Gent - Wolfsburg which takes place on Wednesday 17th February in Ghelamco Arena.
OFFER OF THE DAY
GENT - WOLFSBURG
- Hein Vanhaezebrouck may alter between three at the back or four at the back, which proved so successful in the group stages.
- Hannes Van Der Bruggen and Peter Olayinka are out injured for the reception of Wolfsburg. Moses Simon and Brecht Dejaegere have knocks ahead of this one and are doubts.
- Naldo will miss the first-leg through suspension after reaching the yellow card limit in the group stages.
- Wolfbsurg will also be without Bas Dost, Carlos Ascues, Diego Benaglio and Joshua Guilavogui through injury.
- Robin Knoche has only just returned from a long-term injury and may be forced to play at the back once more in Naldo's absence.
- With Guilavogui unavailable, Christian Trasch should continue in front of the back four with Sebastian Jung at right-back.
- Daniel Caligiuri is one booking away from a suspension.
- Gent has already exceeded expectations after progressing through the Champions League group stages in their first appearance in the competition.
- Wolfsburg surprisingly finished the group as winners after beating Manchester United in their final round.
- The Belgian team progressed through the group unbeaten at home, whereas Wolfsburg only managed one win away from home in their group stages.
- The Germans also started badly since resuming their season after the winter break, winning just one of four games (2-0 vs Ingolstadt on last Saturday).
DRAW (3.50, 888Sport)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (2.00, 888Sport)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 1-1
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.