Champions League Round of 16, first leg. Betting tips and preview for Roma - Real Madrid which takes place on Wednesday 17th February in Olimpico Stadium.
OFFER OF THE DAY
ROMA - REAL MADRID
- Roma are sweating on the fitness of Mohamed Salah, Kostas Manolas, Daniele De Rossi and Francesco Totti for the visit of Real Madrid on Wednesday.
- Should Salah be passed fit, he could either start on the right or up front at the expense of Edin Dzeko. Likewise, Alessandro Florenzi could start at right-back or on the right flank.
- Marcelo, Pepe and Gareth Bale are the only players unavailable for selection as Zinedine Zidane gears up for his first Champions League match as Real Madrid manager.
- Raphael Varane was sent off in their win over Athletic Club at the weekend, but his suspension does not carry over into Europe, which is helpful with Pepe out injured.
- Dani Carvajal is expected to continue at left-back in Marcelo's absence, with Danilo on the right of the defence.
- Isco has also been tipped to return to the midfield three, with James Rodriguez likely to continue on the right of Karim Benzema in a 4-3-3 formation.
- Roma are trying to reach the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2008, although they are unlikely to do so in this case. They progressed from the groups winning only one match and only Malmo conceded more goals than the Giallorossi (16) in the group stage. Roma were also beaten with a huge 6-1 by Real Madrid's rivals Barcelona. However, after the change of the coach, results have started to come (4 wins in a row in Serie A).
- Madrid have also changed their manager since the group stages finished and while the mood around the team has improved, they have struggled a lot in the last appearances. In fact, their lucky 2-1 win away to league minnows Granada last week was their first win on the road in four. While Madrid should have no problem in overcoming Roma over the two legs, their trip to the Eternal City may not prove as straightforward as first imagined.
REAL MADRID DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.55, 888Sport)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.95, 888Sport)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 1-2
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.