Europa League Round of 32, 2nd legs. Betting tips and match previews. The most interesting matches are Napoli - Villareal and Tottenham - Fiorentina.
OFFER OF THE DAY
NEW PADDY POWER CUSTOMERS EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
SIGN UP AT BETFAIR AND GET 3/1 ON MANCHESTER UNITED TO BEAT
MAX BET £10
MONEY BACK IF YOU LOSE
TOTTENHAM - FIORENTINA
- Mauricio Pochettino is without Jan Vertonghen, Clinton N'Jie, Tom Carroll and Mousa Dembele due to injury ahead of Thursday's welcome of Fiorentina.
- Harry Kane misses out having sustained a broken nose in the 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace while Hugo Lloris may start on the bench, though Erik Lamela is fit again and could start.
- Ryan Mason is expected to start after captaining the side against the Viola last week, while Harry Kane and Eric Dier may also both come into the side having started the staletmate on the bench.
- Yohan Benalouane misses out for Fiorentina through injury, but is Paulo Sousa's only absentee for the trip to Spurs.
- Mauro Zarate is expected to start as he misses the weekend meeting with Napoli through suspension.
- Matias Vecino could come in alongside Borja Valero for Tino Costa in the middle of the park in what may be Sousa's only change to the XI from last week's draw with Spurs.
- Spurs hold a slender advantage coming into the second leg meeting with Fiorentina at White Hart Lane. The Premier League side netted a vital away goal in Florence last week and they will be confident of finishing the job in front of their own fans.
- Fiorentina geared up for Thursday's trip to England with a 3-2 win over Atalanta at the weekend. The Viola are now unbeaten in their last seven in all competitions, though do come into the tie as underdogs.
- Spurs may have succumbed to defeat at Crystal Palace at the weekend, but should bounce back with a win here.
HOME WIN (1.85, Matchbook)
TOTTENHAM DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.60, Matchbook)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-1
LIVERPOOL - AUGSBURG
- After failing to get an away goal in the first-leg, Jurgen Klopp may be forced to go with a strong XI at Anfield. This could see Daniel Sturridge, Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho start together once more.
- Dejan Lovren is ill and is likely to miss out, while Adam Lallana and Joe Allen are still out.
- This tie remains in the balance after Liverpool failed to grab an away goal from the first-leg.
- Augsburg have won seven of their last 10 matches on the road in all competitions.
- Liverpool, meanwhile, have only lost three home games all season and should have enough to overcome Augsburg over 90 minutes.
NAPOLI - VILLAREAL
- Maurizio Sarri has a full squad available for the reception of Villarreal and he may be tempted to field a stronger XI with Napoli 1-0 down following defeat in the first leg last week. He will be mindful of their dip in results, though, and may want to keep his best players fresh for the league.
- The likes of Dries Mertens and Vlad Chiriches should still get some playing time here, however.
- Villarreal hold a slender 1-0 advantage going into the second leg against Napoli and crucially avoided conceding an away goal, becoming just the sixth team to stop Napoli from scoring this season.
- Napoli have failed to win any of their last three matches in all competitions, scoring just one goal in the process.
- Napoli, however, have only lost game at home all season and will fancy their chances to overturn the deficit here, particularly if Gonzalo Higuain is brought into the attack.
- Villarreal have impressed this season and will be difficult opponents to overcome for Maurizio Sarri's men. They have, however, found results harder to come by on the road this season, winning just two of their last 10 away from home.
NAPOLI DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.65, Betfair)
HIGUAIN TO SCORE ANYTIME (2.35, Betfair)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-1
SCHALKE 04 - SHAKHTAR DONETSK
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting was forced off after 22 minutes at the weekend and is unlikely to feature here. However, they will have Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg back available after he missed the first-leg through suspension, although he hasn't featured since the end of January.
- Leon Goretzka and Max Meyer were both absent from training, which means Franco Di Santo may be forced to play out wide.
- Shakhtar failed to score on home soil in the first-leg but crucially prevented Schalke from grabbing an away goal.
- Schalke must now win on Thursday in order to qualify and they should be optimistic having won four of their last six home matches in all competitions.
- Shakhtar's last away game was at the start of December, which they lost to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.
- In fact, the Ukrainian outfit lost all three of their away group matches in the Champions League before Christmas.
HOME WIN (1.85, PaddyPower)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-0
LAZIO - GALATASARAY
PORTO - BORUSSIA DORTMUND
BORUSSIA DOUBLE CHANCE
MANCHESTER UNITED - MIDTJYLLAND
OVER 1.5 HOME TEAM
ATHLETIC BILBAO - OLIMPIQUE MARSEILLE
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.
Recent and related articles
- Bet of the day: 25 February 2016 (Europa League)
- Stop using credit cards to make online transactions. Take a look at Skrill!
- Champions League, Round of 16: Betting tips and Preview of PSV - Atletico Madrid