Italian Serie A, round 27: Betting tips and match previews.
Big attention to Juventus - Inter and Fiorentina - Napoli.
OFFER OF THE DAY
NEW PADDY POWER CUSTOMERS EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
SIGN UP AT PADDY POWER AND GET 22/1 ON LEICESTER, REAL MADRID AND CHELSEA ALL TO WIN!
MAX BET £10
MONEY BACK IF YOU LOSE
MILAN - TORINO
- Montolivo is banned and will not be part of the match but luckily Kucka has showed a good shape after the recent injury.
- Alessio Romagnoli will be back in the XI after missing their draw against Napoli with a fever.
- Milan currently have the second best undefeated streak in the league (8 games) and they performed admirably to earn a 1-1 draw with title challengers Napoli last time out.
- Torino are now three games unbeaten, which suggests they are behind their bad run of form.
- The home side are now in much better shape compared to earlier in the campaign, which has forced them to dream of finishing as high as third. It is unlikely they can finish above Roma, Fiorentina and Inter, but they should be looking above in the table rather than below.
HOME WIN (1.85, Matchbook)
MILAN DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.56, Matchbook)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-0
EMPOLI - ROMA
- Empoli have real problems in defence since Lorenzo Tonelli is banned while Andrea Costa and Lorenzo Ariaudo are still injured.
- Another big absence is the one of Riccardo Saponara, suspended, which should present a chance for Rade Krunic in the starting lineup.
- Stephan El Shaarawy should be back in the starting XI after being rested in the previous game, and that means Radja Nainggolan will be back in midfield.
- Francesco Totti has returned to training after coming to blows with manager Luciano Spalletti, but is unlikely to usurp Edin Dzeko in the team following his brace against Palermo last time out.
- Empoli has not won for seven games in a row.
- Roma, on the contrary, have won their last 5 league games and coach Spalletti seems to have given new confidence to the club following his return.
- The absence of key players will handicap Empoli's chances further here, giving Roma the perfect chance to make it six straight wins in Serie A to strengthen their hold on fourth spot.
JUVENTUS - INTER
- Max Allegri is likely to welcome back Alex Sandro and Giorgio Chiellini, therefore allowing Juventus to rever back to a 3-5-2 system.
- Claudio Marchisio is out of this huge match after picking up a thigh injury in their draw with Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic will resume their partnership in the league once again here.
- Juventus fell short of equalling Inter's Serie A record for the most consecutive wins (17) after being held to a 0-0 draw with Bologna last time out. However, they retained top spot after Napoli failed to overcome AC Milan on Monday.
- Inter bounced back after losing at Fiorentina, but they will have to step it up again if they are to get anything out of this fixture with Juventus. With Fiorentina facing off against Napoli on Monday, Roberto Mancini have been presented a chance to gain ground on their rivals.
- The Bianconeri will surely field their best XI despite the fatigue from playing Bayern in the midweek fixture, which means they will be ready to pick up where they left before meeting Bologna.
- Inter struggled a lot in the last appearances in Juventus Stadium and considering the inconstancy of Mancini's group, we expect to see Juventus prevail again.
HOME WIN (1.60, Betfair)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-0
FIORENTINA - NAPOLI
- Paulo Sousa may revert to a back four which has proved problematic for Napoli in recent matches.
- The absence of Mauro Zarate will be covered by the good form of Federico Bernardeschi and Cristian Tello up front.
- Milan Badelj and Matias Vecino are in competition for a starting spot in the middle of the park.
- Maurizio Sarri does not come across a manager that will compromise on their philosophies after a setback, so rotation serious rotation is not expected.
- The only doubt could be in attack, where Dries Mertens is competing for Lorenzo Insigne's starting spot.
- Should any changes be made, Marek Hamsik might be the one that needs resting.
- Fiorentina were surprisngly brushed aside by Spurs with relative ease, really highlighting the improvements Tottenham have made in the last 12 months. The Viola need to overcome this defeat quickly as it will give them a chance to finish in the four four this season.
- Napoli were eliminated as well, but in a different manner, as they were probably the better side against Villareal. Some supporters will be happy to see their team concentrating only on winning the title, but the Partenopei were considered the best Italian hope for finally going back to lifting a continental trophy.
- The visitors have experienced a drop in performances, which has probably influenced Gonzalo Higuain's (still terrific) goal ratio. Their run is still very good, but the moment in which they have slowed down has not been ideal. Fiorentina, on the other hand, have collected 14 points in their last 6 league games, and despite being outplayed by Tottenham they have shown good form domestically.
- Expect the hosts to try to dominant ball possession, while Napoli will probably quicken the pace to get it back. In the reverse game, Fiorentina had their third lowest possession percentage of the season so far (51%), which means the Azzurri seem to know how to counter their plans.
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.75, PaddyPower)
NAPOLI DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.60, PaddyPower)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 1-1
PALERMO - BOLOGNA
BOLOGNA DOUBLE CHANCE
SAMPDORIA - FROSINONE
SAMDPDORIA DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5
CHIEVO - GENOA
UNDER 1.5 1st HALF
UDINESE - VERONA
CARPI - ATALANTA
CARPI DOUBLE CHANCE + UNDER 3.5
LAZIO - SASSUOLO
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREE BETS SELECTION FROM THE BEST SPORTSBETTING WEBSITES CLICKING HERE.
Recent and related articles
- English Premier League Round 27: Betting Tips and Match Previews
- Stop using credit cards to make online transactions. Take a look at Skrill!
- Champions League, Round of 16: Betting tips and Preview of PSV - Atletico Madrid