Europa League Quarterfinals, 2nd legs. Betting tips and previews of the 4 matches scheduled on Thursday 14 April.
LIVERPOOL - BORUSSIA DORTMUND
- Liverpool made a great performance in Dortmund to come away with a 1-1 draw. They will need to make another perfect match to overcome Dortmund at Anfield.
- Dortmund's best players rested in the latest Bundesliga round and Germans are still unbeaten in 2016. However, they will also need to perform well to overcome an emotionally charged atmosphere at Anfield, where Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 15 matches against German teams.
BORUSSIA DOUBLE CHANCE (1.42, Matchbook)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.65, Matchbook)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 1-2
SHAKHTAR DONETSK - SPORTING BRAGA
- Shakhtar Donetsk is clearly favourite to progress to the next stage after the 1-2 away win in Portugal. The Ukrainian side won 8-1 over Metalist Kharkiv in the league at the weekend and are averaging 3.3 goals per game in their last 10 home matches.
- Braga, instead, haven't won any of their last 5 away matches in all competitions and have failed to score on 4 of those occasions. Indeed, they have only scored 3 goals in 5 away matches in the current Europa League. We see few progression chances for Braga.
SEVILLA - ATHLETIC BILBAO
- Sevilla recorded their first away win in Europa League on last week. Sevilla have won 17 of their last 18 home matches.
- Athletic Club, meanwhile, have only won 1 of their last 5 matches in all competitions and have lost their last 2 away matches.
- We expect Sevilla to reach the semifinals, probably with a win at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium.
HOME WIN (2.00, PaddyPower)
SEVILLA DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.55, PaddyPower)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 2-1
SPARTA PRAHA - VILLAREAL
- The loss in the 1st leg has been the first defeat in the Europa League this season in 13 matches for Sparta. They have won 4 of their 6 home matches in the competition, although they are very handicapped in the 2nd leg because of the loss of 3 defenders.
- Cédric Bakambu has scored 8 goals in his last 7 matches, including both goals in the first-leg and another scored vs Getafe in the last Liga round. He is on a good shape!
- The Spanish side have, however, only won 1 of their last 9 away matches in all competitions, but drawing 6 of those. Although Villareal's trend in drawing away matches we prefer the away win because the 3 absences in the opponent's defense represent a big handicap for the Czech team and generally speaking Villareal is stronger and much more experienced in Europe.
AWAY WIN (1.95, BetVictor)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 0-2
Looking for a Free Bet on football? Click HERE
Recent and related articles
- European Cups Accumulator Bet: 13/14 April
- Stop using credit cards to make online transactions. Take a look at Skrill!
- Champions League Quarterfinals: Benfica-Bayern Munich