Champions League Semifinal, 1st leg. Betting tips and preview of Manchester City-Real Madrid which takes place in the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday 26th April.
MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID
- Samir Nasri will not take part in the 1st leg match vs Real Madrid. Yaya Toure is a doubt after a knock received in the last Premier League Round, although he may not have even been picked to start anyway.
- Bacary Sagna has missed their last 2 matches and may not be fit in time for the match which could see Pablo Zabaleta continue at right-back. Gael Clichy should be in the Starting XI after he returned to the bench against Stoke following a three-game absence.
- Karim Benzema is almost certainly absent for the spanish side and Lucas Vazquez should replace him as forwarder.
- Cristiano Ronaldo missed his 1st league game of the season at the weekend with a groin strain but will lead Los Blancos in the Etihad Stadium.
- Casemiro and Luka Modric who both missed the away match against Rayo Vallecano, will be back in the Starting XI vs Manchester City.
- Dani Carvajal is an injury doubt but will play at right-back over Danilo if he recovers in time.
- It is the first time ever Manchester City play a Champions League Semifinal and the 4-0 win over Stoke at the weekend has been a good warm up. Manuel Pellegrini's side have hit good form and indeed Citizens are unbeaten in their last 7 matches in all competitions and their only defeats in Europe this season both came against Juventus in the group stage.
- The Premier League side have only kept 3 clean sheets in their 19 Champions League home matches, although 2 of those have come in their last two matches at the Etihad. Both teams have scored in 14 of those matches.
- Real Madrid struggled to beat league minnows Rayo Vallecano at the weekend. Gareth Bale was the man of the match and Zinedine Zidane's side should be encouraged by the certain return of Cristiano Ronaldo, the top goalscorer in the competition this season (16). Madrid have won five matches in a row since losing 2-0 to Wolfsburg in the last round. Their away performances haven't been as good as their ones at home this season and City have to take advantage of that to stand any chance of reaching the final.
REAL MADRID DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.75, 10Bet)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.60, 10Bet)
CORRECT SCORE: 2-2 (12.00, 10Bet)
LOOKING FOR A FREE BET ON SPORTS? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SELECTION