Europa League Semifinals 1st legs. Betting tips and previews of Shakhtar Donetsk-Sevilla and Villareal-Liverpool.
SHAKHTAR DONETSK - SEVILLA
- Sevilla are trying to become winners of the Europa League for the 3rd year in a row but they will have to overcome Shakhtar Donetsk first before dreaming about the final. The Spanish side have only lost 1 of their last 16 matches in the Europa League and they are also unbeaten in their last 5 clashes vs Ukrainian clubs. However, Sevilla often struggles when playing away and indeed the only away win in Europa League occurred in the previous round in San Mames Stadium vs Athletic Bilbao.
- Shakhtar have lost 12 of their 21 matches with Spanish teams and they've never reached the Semifinals in Europa League before. They have scored 15 goals in their last 3 home games and their chances to reach the Final mainly depends by this 1st Leg's result since Sevilla has a stunning home trend and will be extremely hard to get away Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium with a positive result for Shakhtar.
DRAW (3.40, Matchbook)
BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE (1.70, Matchbook)
POSSIBLE SCORE: 1-1
VILLAREAL - LIVERPOOL
- Villarreal are very tough to face on home turf and indeed they have won each of their 6 home European encounters at the Madrigal this season with only 1 goal conceded.
- Liverpool's defensive lacks were evident again at the weekend when they threw a 2-0 win away conceding 2 goals to Newcastle. Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 12 official matches but they need a more solid defensive organization if they wish to come away from the 1st leg meeting with Villarreal with a positive result.
- However, the Reds will try to score a vital away goal in sight of the 2nd Leg but an home win is expectable and then we choose Villareal Double Chance.
Looking for a Free Bet on football? Click HERE
Recent and related articles
- Champions League Semifinal 1st Leg: Atletico Madrid-Bayern Munich
- Stop using credit cards to make online transactions. Take a look at Skrill!
- Bet of the day: 25 April