Euro2016: Betting tips and previews of Albania-Switzerland, Wales-Slovakia and England-Russia scheduled on Saturday 11 June.
- This is the first appearance in European Championship for Albania and their first opponent is Switzerland. Albania booked their place in France after qualifying in second place behind Portugal and they are the lowest ranked nation at the Euros. Albania beated France in a friendly last year but since then they have only won 3 of the 10 matches played (Qatar, Luxembourg and Armenia which are far away from being good teams).
- Switzerland qualified second behind England to get to the finals of the Euros but have been in a very poor form lately. They have lost 4 of their last 6 matches, although one of those was against Austria, which are a very good team. Vladimir Petković's side have never lost to Albania in their previous 6 meetings, winning 5 of those. They've scored at least two goals against Albania in each of their last three encounters and are favourites even if they are not in the best form.
- Considering that both squads don't tend to concede a lot we expect a match with less than 4 goals.
SWITZERLAND DOUBLE CHANCE + UNDER 3.5 (1.40, 888Sport)
SWITZERLAND TO WIN (1.85, 888Sport)
CORRECT SCORE: 0 - 2 (9.00, 888Sport)
- Wales are one of five teams in the tournament for the first time and they meet Slovakia in the beginning match that have been marked as the weakest team in the group, although that is an unfair tag and Chris Coleman's side will need to be extremely focused to begin their Euro 2016 campaign in a good way. Wales went away from Sweden with a heavy 3-0 defeat in their final warm-up match which could have knocked some confidence from the group.
- Slovakia, instead, have high motivations after beating Germany on the road on last week with a stunning 1-3, and they are also 8 matches unbeaten.
- These two sides haven't met since 2007 when Wales had the best 5-2. Before that, Slovakia thumped Wales 5-1. Probably this time there will not be as much goals as seen in the last 2 meetings, although a shock could be in store for the Welsh here.
SLOVAKIA TO WIN (2.80, bwin)
SLOVAKIA DOUBLE CHANCE (1.45, bwin)
OVER 1.5 (1.35, bwin)
CORRECT SCORE: 1 - 2 (12.00, bwin)
- England secured a very hard fought 1-0 win over Portugal last week, though their performance was not that impressive. Nevertheless, England have won 4 of their last 5 outings, winning each of those by a one-goal margin.
- Russia have failed to win their last 3 matches, losing 2, though obtained a victory the last time these two teams met in 2007. However, Russia has showed a poor form recently but they did very good in the qualifying stage once Coach Slutsky sat on the bench in place of Fabio Capello.
- Russia have what it takes to worry England, but we are confident that the Three Lions will obtain the victory, maybe with 1 goal margin? Stats about England last matches say so and also Russian path to Euro2016 says that Russia have conceded only 5 goals in 10 matches.
ENGLAND TO WIN (2.00, Betfair)
ENGLAND TO WIN HANDICAP DRAW (0:1) (3.50, Betfair)
ENGLAND DOUBLE CHANCE + UNDER 3.5 (1.50, Betfair)
CORRECT SCORE: 1 - 0 (8.00, Betfair)