Euro2016: Betting tips and previews of Turkey-Croatia, Poland-Northern Ireland and Germany-Ukraine scheduled on Sunday 12 June.
- Turkey progressed to Euro 2016 as the best 3rd placed team, but now have the change to make a good impact in France. Indeed they are in good form having won 4r of their last 5 matches, losing only to England.
- However, the first Euro2016 game will be against Croatia, a very skilled team. Coach Ante Cacic has a very talented squad of players to choose from at Euro 2016 and have won 6 of their last 7 official matches, including a very morale boosting 10-0 win over San Marino.
- This is an interesting encounter to kick off Group D. Croatia have lost only 1 of their last 4 meetings with Turkey, and only after penalties. We are confident Croatia will get at least 1 point from this clash.
CROATIA DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.50, 888Sport)
CROATIA TO WIN (2.15, 888Sport)
CORRECT SCORE: 1 - 2 (12.00, 888Sport)
- Poland were the highest scorers in qualifying, netting an impressive 33 goals in 10 games. However, they have failed to win their last two international outings, falling to a 2-1 defeat to Netherlands before being held to a 0-0 draw with Lithuania.
- Conversely, Northern Ireland are unbeaten in their last 12 outings, though drew six of those. Nevertheless, they come into the competition with confidence high on the back of a good run of form on the international stage.
- We expect to see Poland attacking since the beginning of the match with Northern Ireland on the defensive and trying to counterattack. In our opinion Poland is much more skilled than the opponent and we are confident they will get the 3 points.
POLAND TO WIN (1.70, bwin)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 0 (9.00, bwin)
- Germany are among the favourites for Euro 2016 but aren't in the best of form and have question marks over a number of positions. They still don't international standard full-backs, nor established natural wide players and they have turned back to Mario Gomez to lead the line. They haven't been the same side since they won the World Cup in 2014 but Germany usually turn up at major tournaments and should easily win this group.
- Ukraine's strength will be catching teams on the break and utlising the likes of Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka on the flanks to hurt teams. There is reportedly a split in the camp and domestic club alliances could prove their undoing in France. They have, however, won nine of their last 13 matches, including their last four. Their only defeat in that time came in the form of a 1-0 defeat against Spain.
- Germany are unbeaten in their five previous meetings against Ukraine, but three of those have ended in a draw. They world champions should have enough to overcome Ukraine, although it may not be convincing.
GERMANY TO WIN (1.60, Betfair)
GERMANY TO WIN HANDICAP (0:1) (2.40, Betfair)
GERMANY DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.50, Betfair)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 0 (8.00, Betfair)