Euro2016: Betting tips and previews of England-Wales, Ukraine-Northern Ireland and Germany-Poland scheduled on Wednesday 16 June.
- England are under real pressure to get a win having let a lead slip late on against Russia and will be far more nervous ahead of what was already likely to be an intense affair against neighbours Wales.
- Chris Coleman's men can play with a certain freedom and will pose a real threat on the counter through Bale and Ramsey, but will need to be at their best defensively to keep England at bay.
- Roy Hodgson will want his players to start with the same intensity that they showed in the first half against Russia and Wales will also look to get in their opponents' faces, so this should be an entertaining, if frantic encounter.
ENGLAND DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.65, 888Sport)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 1 (12.00, 888Sport)
- Both sides suffered opening group game defeats and will need to bounce back in the race to finish in third. Ukraine are favourites on paper but cannot underestimate Northern Ireland, who qualified for Euro 2016 as group winners.
- Northern Ireland have never beaten Ukraine in any of their four previous meetings. The last two encounters finished 0-0, although they haven't played each other since 2003. Few goals are expected in this match either.
UKRAINE TO WIN (1.70, bwin)
UKRAINE DOUBLE CHANCE + UNDER 3.5 (1.65, bwin)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 0 (9.00, bwin)
- Germany kicked off their Euro 2016 campaign with a 2-0 win over Ukraine on Sunday to end the weekend top of Group C. They hardly had to move out of first gear to secure victory and will focus their efforts on getting the better of Poland in Thursday's late kick off.
- Poland also secured a vital three points on Sunday. These two teams met in qualifying for Euro 2016, where Poland landed a 2-0 win over Germany in one of the opening games of the group. However, that was their only win against Germany from their last six attempts as they come into this tie as underdogs.
- Poland have the means to find the back of the net against Germany, but Jogi Low's side should have too much for Adam Nawałka's men on Thursday.
GERMANY TO WIN (1.70, Sporting Bet)
OVER 2.5 (1.80, Sporting Bet)
CORRECT SCORE: 3 - 1 (18.00, Sporting Bet)