Euro2016: Betting tips and previews of Belgium-Ireland, Iceland-Hungary and Portugal-Austria scheduled on Saturday 18 June.
- Belgium are under immense pressure to perform after they slipped to a shock 2-0 defeat against Italy. They were touted as pre-tournament favourites by some but they are already on the back foot and cannot afford any more slip ups.
- Ireland were unfortunate not to claim all three points from their opener against Sweden after taking the lead. Ireland haven't beaten Belgium in any of their last six encounters and have to trace back to 1966 to find the last time they beat Belgium.
- Belgium are favourites but haven't managed to fulfil their potential at all under Marc Wilmots reign and Ireland should sense a real opportunity to cause a major upset here. Tough match in terms of betting.
CORRECT SCORE: 1 - 1 (9.00, 888Sport)
- Iceland held Portugal to an impressive 1-1 draw on Tuesday night and will take that confidence into the meeting with Group F leaders Hungary. They were on the back foot for large parts of the encounter, but can soak up pressure and hit their opponents on the break, so Hungary need to keep their wits about them.
- Hungary, meanwhile, shocked the watching world with a commendable 2-0 win over Austria earlier in the week. It was their first win in four and they know a positive result will likely gurantee them a place in the next round of the competition.
- Iceland should put in a spirited performance once more and we have a preference for the Icelandic squad, but this is not an easy match to predict.
ICELAND DOUBLE CHANCE (1.39, bwin)
OVER 1.5 (1.35, bwin)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 1 (14.00, bwin)
- Austria were favourite vs Hungary in their first group game but they lost 0-2 and are now on the back foot. They will need an immediate response in the second match, but Portugal is the best team of the group and it will not be easy for Austrians to obtain points here.
- Portugal also disappointed the expectations in the first game after drawing 1-1 with minnows Iceland. Cristiano Ronaldo played quite bad and will need to make a statement in their toughest group game to keep Portugal on route to topping the group.
- 3 of the last 4 encounters have ended in a 1-1 draw. The same outcome could also be on the cards here, but Portugal have the firepower and creativity to outscore their opponents here, especially if Ronaldo will be in good mood.
PORTUGAL DOUBLE CHANCE + OVER 1.5 (1.60, Sporting Bet)
CORRECT SCORE: 2 - 1 (12.00, Sporting Bet)